Answered By: Rachel S. Langlois
Last Updated: Sep 15, 2016     Views: 208

Yes, in February of 1944, thirty acres of land at the corner of Shipyard Boulevard and Carolina Beach Road behind where the CVS currently stands became a prisoner of war camp.

For more research on this topic try the following resources:

Also, be sure to visit the North Carolina Room to browse the vertical files and Star News articles on this topic.