Answered By: Rachel S. Langlois Last Updated: Feb 05, 2015 Views: 91
Answered By: Rachel S. Langlois
Last Updated: Feb 05, 2015 Views: 91
- The Red Cross Sanitarium hospital opened in 1914 for indigent tuberculosis patients. The local Red Cross Society was pivotal in raising the funds for its creation. The hospital operated mainly off of donations and fundraising. In 1935, the Lion’s Club renovated much of the hospital.
- The Sanitarium was forced to close in 1943 due to the difficulties imposed by an airport expansion overseen by the US Army Corp, who had taken over its operations during World War II.
- It was located off of Gordon Rd.